The use of social media as a marketing tool has become increasingly popular among marketers. What about using social media to promote your resort? We can tell you this: an effective, appealing, and dynamic resort social media marketing strategy can help you increase your occupancy rate, revenue, and profit. Read the rest of this post, and you’ll find out five secrets to taking your resort social media strategy to the next level.
- Respond in a timely manner. If your resort already has a Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ account, you’re most probably posting information on a regular basis. That’s all you have to do to attract prospects, right? Well, not quite. The main purpose of social media is to offer an easy way for businesses to share information and communicate with their audience. What's more, communicating constantly and responding in a timely manner can help you establish trust, build credibility, and create long-lasting relationships with your previous and potential guests, which will eventually translate into a higher occupancy rate.
- Engage your audience. One thing many directors and managers of resorts tend to overlook is engagement. To engage people and keep them with you, post content that addresses their concerns, ask provocative questions to start discussions, and invite your followers to share their experiences and opinions. For instance, you can ask what their holiday plans are, what they would expect from your resort, what their favorite skin care products are, etc.
- Don’t automate everything. Automation ensures convenience and peace of mind. But when it comes to managing resort social media marketing, automating everything is one of the biggest mistakes you can make. Imagine a guest having problems with his night flight, calling your resort, and getting an annoying voicemail or answering machine message. For sure, he will leave a few negative comments on social networking websites. Therefore, before you automate certain areas of your business, analyze the impact of your decision. Also, don’t forget that many people are willing to spend more with the companies that provide excellent customer service. In a nutshell, excellent customer services means meeting (and exceeding) expectations, treating guests with a friendly yet respectful and helpful attitude, understanding their needs, encouraging them to express their feelings, and empathizing with them.
- Manage reviews. By simply checking online reviews, you can find out what your guests think about your resort and how to meet their expectations. One thing to keep in mind: never delete a negative or controversial comment. Respond quickly apologizing for the inconvenience, investigate the problem in a timely manner, and analyze it from your guest’s point of view. Then, find a way to turn the negative experience into a positive one. While you don’t have to discuss every detail in public, it’s important to confirm on the original stream (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, etc.) that the problem has been resolved to your customer’s satisfaction.
- Focus on local presence. An active social media presence can make your business more visible locally. By using social networking websites to provide relevant information about your business, delivering details about your resort deals, packages, specials, and the events happening across the city to news feeds, and encouraging guests to review and rate your business on socially interactive sites, you can make your resort rank higher in local searches.
Unfortunately, resort social media marketing isn’t for everyone. If you don’t have enough time, knowledge, or patience to leverage the true power of social media, our marketing professionals are here to help. Contact us at Captevrix, and we’ll come up with a comprehensive and convenient marketing solution that will exceed your expectations.