The Importance of Video
Video is seen as a very important marketing tool for 2017 and the coming years. According to Martech , video will make up 82% of all consumer internet traffic by 2020. There is a shifting focus on making video more valuable as a marketing tool. We no longer care about the number of views unless the views will result in actual leads. So having millions of views isn’t the goal. The goal of video is to attract the right people and add value to them.
Hubspot gives more insight into the importance for video. They say 76.5% of marketers and small business owners who have used video marketing say it had a direct impact on their business. More of their research also revealed that 4 times as many consumers prefer watching a video vs. reading when it comes to learning about a product.
Ways to Use Video
- Educational video. These kinds of videos can be used to drive traffic. Be creative! Don’t just tie yourself down to just videoing the properties you manage. Use attractions near your rentals that would be exciting to your guests as a subject. It will give them an idea of what they can expect while staying at your rental.
- Website Pages. Show your rental from all angles, instead of just using static images. Put a video right on the homepage to grab attention and create interest. It will encourage website visitors to browse your website further.
- Blogs. Leverage video that you may already have by turning it into a blog post. You could also start a video blog, showcasing different rentals or areas of interest.
- Social Media. Highlight your rentals on social media with video. You can also use video to highlight local events, showing you know about the area you are in. You can also make use of live video options. When you go live it notifies your followers so they can tune in and experience what you are experiencing first hand.
- Your Company Profile. Using video on your company profile can help you show what your company is all about. When you show your employees in action, doing their job, or talking about things to do in your area will build credibility and show that you are more than just a business. You are an approachable and helpful source of information, not just merely a vacation rental company.
In all, video is a useful tool to show potential customers that you are more than a vacation rental company. The statistics show that video is highly interactive and people are more likely to engage with them. Take advantage of this by using video where you can, where it makes sense and where you think you can add the most value to your customers. Be more than just a vacation rental company. Be a valuable source of information as well. For more information on getting more bookings at your vacation rental, contact us.