Email marketing continues to be one of the best ways to stay in front of your targeted audience. Probably because your customers are in their inboxes every day- if not several times a day. By using email marketing correctly your content is sure to reach them. So whether you’re new to the game, or an old pro at it, below are a few things every marketer should know when it comes to successful email marketing.
1) First, 51% of all emails are opened on a mobile device. You should always use a responsive email template to ensure your emails look perfect on any size screen. Before you hit send, make sure you preview your emails on a mobile device! You don’t want it to look off or have some of your email cut off due to sizing. (stat source: Litmus)
2) Did you know that iPhones will cut off a subject line over 32 characters? With that in mind, keep your subject lines short, simple, and to the point, but still coherent and descriptive. Try to place the most important words first so they don’t get cut off.
3) A/B test your emails. You should be A/B testing your email marketing campaigns to help determine the best times & dates to send your email or the best type of subject lines. Some companies may find they receive a better open rate on a Saturday morning than on a Tuesday afternoon. However, you won’t know when your emails perform the best if you don’t test them.
4) Create a welcome email for when there are new subscribers. In this email, welcome the new followers to your content and thank them for following along. Tell a little about your company and what they will see in your emails.
5) Implementing automated emails takes the stress away from you. Instead of having to remember to send an email every Thursday at 4 pm, with Captevrix we write it for you and distribute it to hundreds of emails daily. This is to help your emails not get lost in spam or junk folders.
6) The key to successful email marketing is knowing your audience and sending emails that best resonate with that group. Making your emails personal makes them feel less like spam. Include a call to action that asks subscribers to check out a new item/property/discount etc.
7) 47% of nurtured leads make larger purchases than non-nurtured leads. Create an automated series of emails that deliver educational, relevant, or helpful content to your subscribers over a period of time. Automation is the key to nurturing your audience until they are ready to make their purchase. It helps build credibility for your company and makes the consumer feel confident with their buying decision. (stat source: Emma Email Marketing)
Hopefully, these ‘7 things’ about email marketing will help you during your next email campaign. Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog for other tips to help with your digital marketing efforts.