As a vacation rental manager you know how important social media is to the success of your vacation rental. You know the importance of being consistent and you know that scheduling your posts can help you. But what do you do when you sit down to schedule posts for the month and your mind just hits a blank?
Don’t worry! We’ve got you covered with this list of 5 social media post ideas for your vacation rental.
- Caption This. Feature a picture of your vacation rental or the area of your vacation rental and ask for captions. Whether your vacation rentals are in the mountains or on the beach it is always effective to post a picture of your view and ask people to caption it. It gives them a chance for your followers to interact with you, keeping you fresh in their minds.
- Share memories and ask for more. People love seeing their photos used on social media. Sharing their photos, with permission, will show that you are interested in each individual's experience. Others will see that and engage because the content is authentic. Seeing other people enjoying themselves shows potential guests that their claims made about the vacation rental property are true.
- Fill in the blanks. Make it relevant to your vacation rental and it’s location. For example if you are on the beach you could say ‘The best thing about the beach is ________.’ See how your followers reply. It could help give you insight on what kind of things your followers want to see.
- Celebrate a random holiday. Did you know that January 15th is National Hat Day? Or that February 9th is National Pizza Day? These wacky national days are fun to post and get your guests interacting. It is especially great when one of these days is relevant in relation to your vacation rental. For ideas on the different holidays that are in each month you can use National Day Calendar, which shows a different thing to celebrate everyday.
- Theme days. How about some Monday Motivation or a Throwback Thursday? These types of posts tend to be relatable to your followers. Share a picture from a few years ago of your vacation rental. Or if you’ve been around a while share one from the very beginning, asking your followers if they remember. You can also ask them to send their own throwbacks. Also a TGIF or ‘Happy Monday” can go a long way as well.
This list is sure to help you generate some fresh new posts for your vacation rental social media.
This list is designed to give you suggestions that are sure to get the creative juices flowing. We encourage you to use these ideas and make them your own, unique to your vacation rental. We understand that with all the things on your plate as a vacation rental manager you may not have the proper amount of time to really focus on your social media strategy. That’s where we come in. We offer many solutions in social media. Schedule a free consultation today with our experts to see how we can work with you to improve your social media presence.